Monday, July 4, 2011

Sprinklers

Happy Fourth of July! It hasn't rained here since the eighties so no fireworks for most of our state. Luckily our neighbor saved the day with a surprise gift of sparklers! Hooray! Now, back to the Boston Pops.


From July 2011


From July 2011


From July 2011


From July 2011


From July 2011

2 comments:

The Maltese Kat said...

AH MAY ZING photos...mind if I ask what setting?
Love this last one!
So cool!

Raquel said...

For the long sparkles it was about 1 sec. of shutter time with ISO 1600 and for the close-in match shot it was 1/15 at 1.8 ISO 1600 with a 50 mm.

I ran our of sparklers before I could really play around with it much. But I think the long sparkles would have been better at a lower ISO and longer shutter. Oh, and a clean lens - HAHA!