| From November |
| From November |
| From November |
A couple months back we had a spider friend come to visit us and stay for about two weeks. Every day we would go out and check on spider to see how she was doing and if she had caught anything in her magnificent web. We were all captivated by her because she was HUGE!!! We must have read A Very Busy Spider three times a day while she was here. Seriously one of the biggest spiders I think I have ever seen.
Kris spotted it one day while he and Augie were outside playing. He came in and told me that there was a spider outside the size of a dinner plate. I immediately flew out the door thinking my baby would be snared Godzilla/Mothra style in some B-movie web that only a flame-thrower and a town could get off him, but of course he was just sitting on the ground looking politely from a distance with curiosity. Er, yeah.
My exterminator says that everyone has a threshold, even bug guys. For me it's cockroaches. I can do a lot things: lizards, snakes, moths, spiders, tarantulas, bats and what have you but bugs: roaches, icky ants, ugly wasps, fleas basically anything pictured on a can of pesticide with it's legs sticking up, those guys are my line in the sand. And the roaches down here, my god are they just huge.... EW.
So normally I'm OK with spiders, not necessarily happy and overjoyed, but I'm OK. However, I must say even this one pushed me to my limit. I checked the interwebs and found out that this monster the size of a Jetta is just a regular old garden spider. Please meet our friend Argiope Aurantia.
| From November |
2 comments:
We recently had a HUGE spider in our hallway, it was pretty cool to watch. He had an incredible web. One day spidy got too close for comfort and well, let's just say, he isn't around anymore.
They are pretty incredible I have to admit, and such great artisans.
-Katie
Doh - forgot to say...
INCREDIBLE photos, seriously, these are top drawer.
Great eye!
Post a Comment