Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Over the river and through the woods!


There's this great little secret hike path that we like to do every now and again. I say it's a secret because almost every single time we go we don't see anyone else up there, which is very unusual for a pretty path in the middle of a city. It's up to the top of a prehistoric volcano (nowadays, just a hill) with a beautifully serene overlook of South Austin and St.Edwards University. You can just make out the golden arches of McDonald's through the trees but we try and squint past that. (By the way, is anyone else besides me have having an upsetting but distinct urge for McNuggets? I haven't had them in twenty years, but for some reason seeing them all through the Olympics must have flipped a switch in my brain. I should probably just go get one to remind myself my I don't eat them. I mean, c'mon like those athletes eat McNuggets? Really? Come on!) Anyways, I took the moms up on our secret hike with a several other two and three year olds and we had such a fun time. There's a little river crossing, a good incline, big trees and a perfect little place to sit and rest once you've reached the summit. All the elements of a real woodland adventure and so much fun with such an eager and curious bunch of little ones.

As an added bonus Kris's mom was here for the weekend so she got to come along. Kris too, since he took the day off to spend with us. The photos are from Marilyn who thankfully took lots of great pictures for us.

By the way, I canceled my previous camera order and reordered it through another vendor on Amazon who was selling it for $50 cheaper! Should be here this week or early next - fingers crossed!

1 comment:

Angela said...

Hi Raquel,
Looks like a great time! We finally have sun and warmth. It's incredible and we have been outside enjoying every minute. Yipee!
Take care,
Angela