Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Finished: Baby Quilt - Sawtooth Star

From Quilts
From Quilts
From Quilts

The baby quilt for my friend's soon-to-be-born daughter is finished. It's got a heap of troubles sew-wise but overall I'm happy with the colors and the design. I learned a lot and even found a couple of new quilt stores and blogs in the process that have given me more than a few good tips. It's amazing how many people do this kind of craft and how much they are willing to share about their process. I've found that not only is this little hobby fun but it's also teaching me a great deal about patience, precision, logic, structure, color and pattern. Anyways, hope the little one like burping on it as much as I liked making it.

Now, on to the next project!

From Quilts

3 comments:

pomegranate seed said...

beautiful... that's one lucky little baby girl (& mama) to receive such a treasure! great work - and wow - already onto the next one? i think someone's been bitten by the quilting bug! i'm trying to reign in my knitting monster at the moment, trying not to spend hundreds of dollars i don't have on yarn... but when my parents come in a month, it's the only chance i get to receive good yarn... oh, the temptation! so inspiring to see your work! yay!

The Maltese Kat said...

AMAZING and INSPIRING.
I love it and I super love the fabric for the next one, right up my alley.
Have fun and show us photos along the way.
-Katie

David Petrie said...

Purty. You crafty thing. Didn't your quilt instructor say you were retarded? You proved her wrong!