Yep, it's snowing in Austin. Snowing. I did a magic dance to make my old camera take these last few pictures before it's last shutter-ing goodbye. If there were ever something that needed to be captured for posterity, this would most certainly right up there. The boy had no idea what to make of it. He mostly just clamped his eyes shut and said OUCH! I'm assuming it was either the flakes in his eyes or the cold, cold blow to his equatorial circulatory system.
I had hustled him outside for a good romp in the snow when I found out he drank the rest of my coffee this morning. The last third of a cup that I stupidly left sitting next to the couch. I heard the mug fall out of his hand and him say OH NOoooooo! I went to go find the puddle but immediately smelled the beans on his breathe. About ten minutes later he was zooming from end to end of the house. The story goes downhill from here fast (think men's downhill ski racing fast) but does have a happy ending as he's now fast asleep in his bed snuggled under his afghan. Awwww....
Snow hurts. from r. on Vimeo.
5 comments:
Hi Raquel,
A friend of Katie's here, I found your blog on her blog. Your little one is very cute and a little younger than mine. I can't believe you have snow. We have had a ton for the past 5 months! I can't take anymore. Love the quilt and all your photos.
Take care,
Angela
Hi Angela,
I feel like I know you already from the comments I've seen you write on Katie and Sarah's blogs. Glad you found me : )
Sorry about your snow situation. I used to live in Boston and it was the last winter there that drove me to California. Hang in there! Spring is just around the corner. Where are you, by the way?
Raquel
OMG, the coffee story is HILarious. I can't believe he tolerated the taste! The quilts are beautiful. xoxo --V
Hi Raquel,
We are in No. Colorado. I officially loathe snow. I thought it was pretty before we moved here but we are so done with it, the cabin fever is killing me! I dream of Spring. Okay to post your blog on mine?
Take care,
Angela
Hi Angela,
Sure you can post me if you'd like. We've got grandma in town from Colorado this weekend so she's happy to be enjoying our 60's and sunshine right now.
Hope you have bright skies soon!
Raquel
Post a Comment