Friday, March 5, 2010

Decade 4

From March

Yesterday I turned forty. I know, I look thirty right? RIGHT? Well after a little Smith's pity party Ooooooh Mother, I can feel the soil falling over my head.... I decided take that Johnette Napolitano's lead and be the baddest old lady I can be. So really, I'm ok, just a little confused, and I hear that won't clear up any time soon.

Of course Kris told me that I was officially old when I got upset over the Olympic snowboarding event a couple of weeks ago. I was irritated for several legitimate reasons which I will now yell to you from the rocker on the front porch as you glaze over and try and amuse me by "listening".

• Olympic Snowboarding? In my day there you had a sled made out of trash can lid, and YOU LIKED IT!
• Sean White needs to get a haircut. He looks ridiculous.
• WHY are their pants halfway down their asses? Are we old school rappers or athletes? Have a little respect for the games.
• If you need the use of your legs for an event why not give yourself free motion? Wear the lycra bodysuit like the lugers, and get rid of those silly bandanas.
• Why do they get to listen to their iPods when they go for a run? Did Leonidas of Rhodes where a walkman when he ran? I think not.
• Half pipe? I think most of them had a full pipe. Hippies.

But even with all my grumping, I loved it and thought what they did was absolutely amazing. So I can't be that far gone. But yes, I do have the beginnings of my crusty coating. Welcome to decade number four. Hold on to your hats, it's going to be a BUMPY ride.

From March



4 comments:

David Petrie said...

Happy birthday, darling...

Raquel said...

Many, many thanks, good friend.

The Maltese Kat said...

Best wishes to you!!!
You don't look a day over 29 my dear.
XO - Katie

Vanessa said...

Sorry I missed your big birthday. Have been thinking of you a lot lately. Still miss you all the time after all these two years or so. I can't believe you are 40. 40? really? crazy lady. And no, you totally look 30. That kid is sure something too and he's got perfect parents who can teach him both sections of the SATs Ha!

Love,
Vanessa