Friday, July 24, 2009

The Mama Files - Quilting: Take 2

From quilt

Yes, I'm at it again (bless my heart). But this time after two false starts and several ideas that turned out to be train wrecks, I think I've finally hit upon a nice little pattern and palette for a friend's baby quilt. Oh how I want this to work.

From quilt


From quilt

6 comments:

The Maltese Kat said...

Kudos to you! My machine jammed up on me a couple months ago and I am scared to get it back out. Blasted Machine! You have inspired me, I may get it out this weekend and clean it, massage it and perhaps try any way I can to coax it into not jamming on me. Presser foot was to tight at first and then I have no idea!
Enjoy!
Katie

Raquel said...

I hope nothing like that happens to me because I would have absolutely no idea what to do. Good grief, it took me 15 minutes just to wind up the bobbin! Then I looked in the book. I'm a beginner's beginner for sure. Good luck getting your machine going this weekend! xo

pomegranate seed said...

good luck ladies! i inherited a new to me sewing machine today and am also inspired to try to make some things - a quilt, raquel? that's awesome!!! good for you - can't wait to see it!

Cara Ewell Hodkin said...

Hey, Raquel! This is Kris' cousin from NY. I've been dying to get reacquainted with the fam, especially you guys. In part because Kris and I always seemed to get along fairly well, and you have a little guy and I have a little guy, and there is potential for bonding!

August is precious! Your pictures are gorgeous! Drop me a msg.

Cara

Raquel said...

Hi Cara! Email me your email address when you have a chance.
Raquel

Cara Ewell Hodkin said...

It's caraewell@hotmail.com.

And good luck with the sewing. I've been making drawstring bags for a kids' project at work... Over and over and over again.