A few days ago I tried to jam Augie's feet into his sneakers so that we could go for a little hike, but the day had finally come, his feet were too big for his worn out Simple's. "Mommy, I need new sneakers! These are too small!" We had been shopping off and on for a new pair for about a month or two but we never found anything decent. "Can we keep them?" he ask pensively after the obligatory test drive.
"Nooooooo, not this pair as I'd scrutinize the sole or the closure, the gluing or the style. Come on, we'll try to find something a little better." We waited and waited, hopeful that the next pair would be THE pair. Some were too big, some were too shoddy, some made his feet look silly, some were just for looks but not for running, some were too expensive, some too cheap. None were just right.
Well, friends, the wait is over. He tried on this pair, ran around the store and asked, "Can we keep them?" and I finally said yes. He hooted and whooped so loud you would have thought I had given him a new dumptruck. He declared them the most beautiful and fastest shoes he's ever had and has taken every opportunity to show anybody who will watch, how fast he can go.
I like how the fuzzy green insides remind me of a tennis ball and and he likes the fact that they fit. We all win.
| From June 2011 |
| From June 2011 |
| From June 2011 |
2 comments:
Looks like you made a good choice with the sneakers, I bet August can go REALLY fast in those!
I like his new haircut too, perfect for summer.
-- Aunty Carla
I totally harassed him with my patented, "Weeeeelllllll ....hmmm, let's see...."
; )
Post a Comment