First show, on the first day, for his first movie. He was mesmerized. We went with some friends, (did you know they have booster seats at the movies? whole new world...) shared a popcorn and used each other as human blankets when it got too cold. He wore his new Cars shirts, relished each preview and loved getting to play around with all the arcade games in the lobby. I just can't believe we get to see movies together now! HOORAY! We got a couple of really bad pictures of us in the movie theatre. Note to self: Put rocks in his pockets before putting him in a movie chair.
Funny thing though, since we hardly ever go out to the movies I made a beeline to the theatre I have gone to a few couple times. I was surprised at how much parking was available and even more surprised to find the doors locked. Thank goodness my friend texted (and I actually saw the text!) saying that she was inside getting seats. I looked at the front of the theatre and realized that I was in front of the CineArts which plays foreign and independent films. Ahhhhhhhh, der? I called Kris and he told me that I needed to go about a half mile away across the street. We made it over with loads of time to spare, but how funny (and somewhat ironic) would it have been if his first movie was Werner Herzog's
Cave of Forgotten Dreams because "Mommy couldn't find the movie." I wonder what kind of merchandise they have for that one.
2 comments:
I love it, what a nice thing that you can now go to the movies together. I think Angela and Brian took Frankie to see Cars 2 opening day too! I love that you need to put rocks in Augie's pockets - that photo is pretty funny!
Hope you are staying cool during your Texas summer.
XO - Katie
Yay for summer movies!
Frankie was totally into Cars 2 as well. We are going to see Winnie the Pooh next. Always nice to add a new outing to the list of do-able things with kids. Love Augie's shoes, so cool!
Take care,
Angela
Post a Comment