Monday, January 10, 2011

Snakes and Cupcakes

From January 2011

From January 2011

From January 2011

From January 2011


It's been cold and drizzly down here. Not bad considering most people are freezing under inches or feet of snow. I literally shivered when I saw the weather map was deeply purple for most of the country. In fact I'm freezing now and the house is 68ยบ which can only mean that I have finally turned into an iguana. I even put the boy to bed in his knit hat and footy jimjams. What? You don't?

Luckily Christmas and birthdays have provided us hours of new creative indoor entertainment, perfect on days like today. We were playing with our new Wikki Stix and not to be outdone by Father Tinker who has now worked up to two levers on his crane (with a new magnetized pulley that picks up cars - my idea, ahem) I crafted him both a snake and a cupcake. The boy was absolutely amazed and smitten by both. So agog was he, brimming with wonder and awe for my sheer inspiration, that he was trying to make his own snake all day. I could die from the cuteness of it all.

Truth be told, I'm really starting to like having a three year old around who is easily impressed. Today I made him a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and he said, "OH MOMMY! Good job, this a really good one!"  I mean, it almost made me blush. The power of praise, I tell you... never underestimate.

From January 2011


1 comment:

Angela said...

Hilarious, PB & J story!
Frankie says, "Mama, you're the best cooker ever!" It kills me. A little praise with kids and adults goes a long way.
Take care,
A