I just took a
paper piecing class this morning over at the
Honey Bee and finally figured out how the whole process of piecing a block this way works. I really did need someone to show me since it flies in the face of traditional piecing. I'm not sure yet if I'm in love with the whole process but I will say that when it comes to intricate patterns or making sure your points and corners are accurate, there's nothing that will beat it. There was only one other woman in the class with me so we got extra special attention from our most
amazing instructor. I continue to be both awe-struck and inspired by the skill, creativity and community I have found among quilters. So much fun!
my finished block
back of the block, template paper
What it 'could' look like with other blocks around it. Sick isn't it?
No comments:
Post a Comment