Friday, April 16, 2010

A Tale of Two Thousand Miles

We are back from Jen and Andy's wedding in Colorado and what a whirlwind event it was! We drove up last Monday, got to town on Tuesday, stayed with the grands until Wednesday, partied with the wedding folks until Friday, had big wonderful wedding Saturday, visited the Denver Zoo (complete with elephants, friends, family and a toddler meltdown) on Sunday, back on the road Monday, home by Tuesday.

Of Note:
  • Cotton fields in Texas look like snow.
  • Snow in Colorado looks like snow too.
  • Portable DVD players in cars, genius.
  • Elmo ROCKS (however I am seriously considering a restraining order against Thomas the Train).
  • August's first 'meal' at McDonald's was neither Happy nor a Meal. Discuss.
  • ChooChoo, ChooChi, or Train?
And now, without further ado, Ladies and Gentlemen, Ma & Carla, may I present, the ring bearer.


The shoes were so shiny that he could watch his reflection in the toes as he tap, tap, tapped across the kitchen floor. I may have passed out from the cuteness for just a few minutes. I'm feeling much better now. But OH! The swoon....




5 comments:

The Maltese Kat said...

Welcome back - you were missed!
Sounds like you had a nice time with family and friends. August is killing me in that suit, simply adorable.
Do tell about the unHappy Meal...

Raquel said...

It was a wonderful trip and yes, it's wonderful to be back home with the car parked in the driveway ; )

The Happy Meal... well we thought it would be a good idea to stop, eat and let him play at one of those playscapes. Unfortunately he was too little to get very far in the kiddie habitrail and he really didn't seem too interested in the food so he didn't end up eating much. And the toy? Shmeh... nothing to write home about either.

But you know for all the bad press McD's gets, I have to say all the nutritionals were printed right on the packaging and on the back of the tray liner, there were healthy options available, and the food was quick and consistent (thank heaven for their coffee!). So I dunno, while I wouldn't make a habit out of fast food, it wasn't the end of the world either.

Anonymous said...

August looks so adorable!!! I can't wait to see more pics from your visit.

--Auntie Carla

Angela said...

Wow, he's a stunner, love his little suit. We could not do road trips without the DVD player, it's a life saver.
Take care,
Angela

Anonymous said...

Oh August, You made Gramma's heart turn cartwheels when I saw you coming down the aisle--what a good job you did, punkin! We were all so proud of you--Grams is going to send you your very own photo album of wedding pictures shortly so you can always remember Jen and Andy's wedding and all the people who came and loved you to pieces!!! :-) Hugs, Grams and Papa
xoxoxoxoxoxoxo PS There'll be a few pics of you on the Pony and the Deere too. :-) :-) :-) Keep an eye out for the mailman! :-)