Thanks David! I purchased a Canon EOS Rebel T1i (body only) and a Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II lens.
I'm leaning a lot and the camera has been wonderful to use. It's a little strange not having a zoom lens, but hopefully I can get one by the end of the year.
I got a Nikon d3000 camera and the lens it came with is the 18-55mm Zoom-NIKKOR VR Lens - not a zoom at all at 55mm, I have to lean as well or get really close. I want to get the Nikon 55-200 mm F/4 5.6G Zoom-Nikkor Lens, I might have to get it for myself for my birthday this summer. Trying to master the camera first, there is a gal here in the city that teaches online and in SF so I am exploring that as well. I feel like I will do better in a hands on class over learning online. I will keep you posted. -Katie
I got a Nikon d3000 camera and the lens it came with is the 18-55mm Zoom-NIKKOR VR Lens - not a zoom at all at 55mm, I have to lean as well or get really close. I want to get the Nikon 55-200 mm F/4 5.6G Zoom-Nikkor Lens, I might have to get it for myself for my birthday this summer. Trying to master the camera first, there is a gal here in the city that teaches online and in SF so I am exploring that as well. I feel like I will do better in a hands on class over learning online. I will keep you posted. -Katie
I know, the comments function has been weird. It took my comment to you twice too.
I think your Nikon is pretty similar to the Canon I ended up with. There was a Canon class, one night only, at a local camera store for $25. I wonder if Gasser or another photo store near you would have a short one like that? I'm with you though, hands-on classes seem a little more personal and user friendly.
I'm looking forward to seeing your new pictures and hearing what your experience is with your camera.
9 comments:
Great photos - love the close up of August, his eyes are amazing!
Which camera and lens did you get Katie?
What camera did you get, Raquel? Amazing...
Thanks David! I purchased a Canon EOS Rebel T1i (body only) and a Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II lens.
I'm leaning a lot and the camera has been wonderful to use. It's a little strange not having a zoom lens, but hopefully I can get one by the end of the year.
I got a Nikon d3000 camera and the lens it came with is the 18-55mm Zoom-NIKKOR VR Lens - not a zoom at all at 55mm, I have to lean as well or get really close. I want to get the Nikon 55-200 mm F/4 5.6G Zoom-Nikkor Lens, I might have to get it for myself for my birthday this summer.
Trying to master the camera first, there is a gal here in the city that teaches online and in SF so I am exploring that as well. I feel like I will do better in a hands on class over learning online.
I will keep you posted.
-Katie
I got a Nikon d3000 camera and the lens it came with is the 18-55mm Zoom-NIKKOR VR Lens - not a zoom at all at 55mm, I have to lean as well or get really close. I want to get the Nikon 55-200 mm F/4 5.6G Zoom-Nikkor Lens, I might have to get it for myself for my birthday this summer.
Trying to master the camera first, there is a gal here in the city that teaches online and in SF so I am exploring that as well. I feel like I will do better in a hands on class over learning online.
I will keep you posted.
-Katie
I wonder why my comment printed twice? Strange, my blogger has been weird lately not showing pics, etc.
I know, the comments function has been weird. It took my comment to you twice too.
I think your Nikon is pretty similar to the Canon I ended up with. There was a Canon class, one night only, at a local camera store for $25. I wonder if Gasser or another photo store near you would have a short one like that? I'm with you though, hands-on classes seem a little more personal and user friendly.
I'm looking forward to seeing your new pictures and hearing what your experience is with your camera.
Post a Comment