| From December |
This year everyone has been talking about advent calendars, in fact my sister even sent us a beautiful wooden train advent calendar in the mail pre-packed with little treats. The train itself is just adorable, with little christmas tree cargo and three train cars that link together. August went berserker for it. Thanks Auntie! A family heirloom for sure.
Just before I got that one in the mail, a couple of friends had been talking about making advents on their blogs. I got inspired by their excitement and decided to try one too. The calendar just seemed like a great way to slow down and enjoy the holiday season, which so often feels rushed. Anyways, I subscribe to Kid Craft's weekly newsletter and they had an idea for an advent calendar using Dixie cups. I liked the idea of the paper sealed cups so that I could hide little treats and also incorporate my friend's ideas (thanks Katie and Sara) of including a holiday activity for each day.
So in the holiday spirit I'll be posting our activities for each day throughout the season. Hopefully this will be an advent calendar of fun and not of guilt for not doing all of our activities!
2 comments:
I love it, what fun to have an activity and a treat! I have to take a photo of mine - pretty boring paper chain, but fun. I just posted about our first advent activity. I love this time of year!
Merry, Merry!
Katie
I loved your idea of a paper chain but couldn't visualize how you could take a link off in different places. I'll be happy to see your pictures! Thanks so much for the inspiration! I love your Macy's pics.
xo
Post a Comment