Monday, October 5, 2009

ORANGE!



Grandma Gleason came to town Tuesday so she was able to join us for our trip out to Sweet Berry Farm's pumpkin patch with my mom's club. The day was a bit stormy but it just made the rich horn-orange pumpkins look even that much more electric. We all went for a hayride ( OH JOY!!! I hadn't been on one in thirty years!), walked through a corn maze (first one for me and Aug too!) and got to feed some goats! I heart goats... Thinking of the goats and the company on a trip to Redwood Hill in NorCal will always make me happy.

There was pumpkin painting, pumpkin photos, pumpkins for sale, pumpkins to eat and even an orange farm cat named Pumpkin. Wonder how they came up with that name? My theory was that since it was a pumpkin patch and that there were so many pumpkins, and that the cat was orange, sort of made them think of it. I could be wrong though.

We luckily didn't read the part about there being a picnic on the farm so we didn't bring any food. Instead we went to Opie's for BBQ out in Spicewood. I have a map of the 100 Best BBQ joints in Texas specifically for road trip purposes. All I have to say is God bless Texas and their big smokers. I swear, I didn't know a fig about BBQ until I came here and now I realize just how lost I've been. It was so flippin' good. I'm not huge on meat either, but this stuff... ridiculous! And I know it's dirty, there I go apologizing, but I will now have to add Tater Tot Casserole to my list of most beloved foods.

No comments: