Sunday, October 25, 2009

Gruene, but you say it like 'green' - 2009 Reprise

Yesterday we were able to get back to the annual ceramics festival in Gruene, TX. So many great, great artists and so much spectacular pottery. It's a two day event and I wanted to be there bright and early on the very first day before everything got picked over. These are fantastic ceramic artists, so even if I was there for the last ten minutes I wouldn't have been disappointed.

BUT, because we were there so early I was able to snag a couple pots from Paige that had just come out of the kiln that night! The glazes, oooooh the glazes. I bought a mug from her last year and it has become one of my most beloved prized possessions. I get lost in the colors. What a way to start a morning! Along with the pots, I scored a mug with a handle for Kris and two teeny sake cups.

Kris and August had fun over in the children's tent where they could do hands-on clay work. So cute...! I'm so glad Kris was there to entertain the baby because I was just lost in my own little world looking at all the forms and chatting with the artists. I would have had August lost in five minutes flat.

"Where's your mommy little boy?"

"Oh, she's gone berzerker for green glaze and has forgotten all about me. So, sure I have time to help you find your puppy...Oh, and thanks for the candy!"

Yep, glad Kris was there for me.


No comments: