| From photo |
Since I'm generally too bleary-eyed to be of much use when I first get up, Kris picks up the morning storytime with Augie. His favorite books lately have been these picture books with simple words. I was hoping when I got them that it would help him to start verbalizing, and eventually I'm sure it will, but for now we say the word and he points to the picture or vice versa. Note the pointing finger at the ready in the photo.
August does babble constantly though and sometimes we swear we hear him saying whole phrases. I was in a store a couple of months back where a sales person was installing shelf. August walked right up to her, looked up and said, "What are you doing?" Clear as day. She looked at me, and I looked at her. "You heard him say that too?" Clearly, he wasn't actually talking but his babbles are taking on very distinctive word tones. I really can't wait to hear the stories he's saving up for me.
Here's a joke for you:
Q: What are polar bears called when they get caught in the rain?
A: Drizzly bears.
No comments:
Post a Comment