| From Aunti Carla Visits |
This weekend my sister came to town for a quick visit with the boy. She hadn't seen August since early December and the 6-7 months made a huge difference. First there's a new mouth full of teeth and then of course there's the gigantism. He's HUGE (comparitively speaking of course). Here's a before and after picture:
Only 6 months ago:
| From Aunti Carla Visits |
And NOW look!
| From Aunti Carla Visits |
Carla bought him the new Chuck's (with velcro! for easy on and off) and I have to admit, he's one cool looking little dude now. Thanks Auntie!
Most of the rest of the time this weekend was spent trying to stay moderately cool as it was 100º+ all weekend. Welcome to Texas. Although truth be told I think I'm acclimating a little too well. We have the AC set at 78º and I've been complaining about it being "too cold" so I put on socks. I push it up to 80º at night so that I can sleep comfortably (mostly on the sly so that I don't get yelled at). Though, for my sister and Kris it felt like a sweat lodge. Carla had her ceiling fan going so fast I thought the front half of the house was going to fly away.
However, despite the heat or maybe because of it, we did manage a meat-filled trip out to the Salt Lick in Dripping Springs (a misnomer I assure you), a first summer swim in the community pool at Northwest District Park (the crab catamaran made it through the winter without a hole!) and a run though the sprinklers at The Triangle after a delicious dinner at Sago. Not much playground time as the jungle gyms were sizzling hot.
Hopefully Carla will make it back again soon. We all loved having her here so much.
We miss and love you Auntie! xoxoxo Thanks for all the fun!
1 comment:
is that the Hickory Pit? I'm a little behind on your blog and catching up now. Wow. He's really growing up.
Post a Comment