Thursday, April 16, 2009

Big Eggs and Ham



Here are some pictures from Easter at Kris' parents house in Colorado (all taken by Kris' mom since my hands were full of wet wadded up kleenex). We had cousins in from Iowa, Aunt Tracey up from Phoenix, cousins down from the Rockies and Uncle Bro and friends from close-by. Mike & Marilyn put on dinner and dessert (that's two pineapple cream cheese pies, one blueberry pie all homemade of course, and a chocolate easter cake) for 18! That's 12 adults and 6 kids, well 5 kids if you figure Alex is only 3 months and unable to eat ham yet... He'll get there though, just give him time and a tooth.

Speaking of ham, you'll notice that Augie had quite a time playing on the food at the Cherry Creek Mall. I've never seen a bacon slide or ever thought I'd see my son playing on an egg yolk. Actually, I've never seen anyone in a bowl of shredded wheat or riding a giant waffle for that matter and I get around. Lucky for me (and my oh so tenuous bond to reality sometimes) these pictures prove that it wasn't the DayQuil having it's way with me, it really happened. That play area was like a churning buffet of small frenzied children, and all fun and games until Augie and another kid slammed head-on into each other bouncing themselves to the ground in a crying heap. Always keep your eye on the blueberry, kid.

No comments: