Monday, March 9, 2009

Fossil Fuel

From Weekend


From Weekend


From Weekend


I've been finding lately that unless I get Augie out and run him hard for an hour, at the absolute least, he's a total crank pot. He doesn't yet share my love of a leisurely day filled with browsing through shops or book stores, having a lovely lunch outside at a cafe or taking in a new art flick. Instead he needs to run free, get dirty, eat rocks and share boogers. I guess he's finally turning into a little kid. Luckily down here in Texas the city revolves around kids and the good weather makes getting out a whole lot easier, even in winter.

Today we went down to the Nature Center in Zilker Park. We looked at bobcats, raccoons, bees building a honeycomb, and a cayote. While talking to one of the moms in the group, she stopped and said "Yeah, I had heard Martha was raised like a dog." I thought she was talking about another mother in the group, no lie, and was SO relieved when she laughingly told me the Cayote's name was Martha. DUH!

So here are a few shots of Augie digging for 'fossils' in the dino pit this morning. He had a total blast and is sleeping peacefully as I type. YAY, ME!

1 comment:

Vanessa said...

This picture made me laugh out loud! You don't want to mess with this kid.