Tuesday, March 17, 2009

August and the Peahen

We had our pictures taken by my friend Kathie at Mayfield Park today. It's the first time we've ever had our photos taken together professionally so we made extra effort to spruce ourselves up this morning. The park was beautiful, blooming crape myrtles, glistening lily ponds and yelping peacocks in the trees, so I'm hoping we get a few good ones. It's the first time August ever saw peacocks and the first time he ever got to chase a peahen. The peacocks actually scared the crap out of me at first. I've never seen them in trees and I don't think I've ever heard them yell. It's loud and they are HUGE.

From Mayfield Park


From Mayfield Park


From Mayfield Park


From Mayfield Park
Afterwards we tried to go over to the library for a puppet show; they were doing Goldilocks and the Three Bears. Only trouble was that this week is spring break so the room was loaded to the rafters with kids. I couldn't hang (got some major claustro on) so we left and looked around in the stacks a bit. August ran right up a boy reading a graphic novel and proceeded to put his head on the arm of the chair as he read it to him. Cutest. Thing. Ever. We'll try and hit the puppet show again next week.

From Mayfield Park

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

August, Grams thinks she detects that you have a yen for "Little Red Riding Hood" :-)--great taste in literature Boo Boo!!!
Can't wait to see the photos you and Mommy had taken. Saw Uncle Andy last night and he's eager to get his hands on you again--won't be long now--tomorrow!!! Have fun showing him all the new things you can do!!!
Love and Hugs,
Grams and Gramps
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo