Sunday, October 12, 2008

Campin'



Saturday afternoon Kris, August and I headed down to Guadalupe River State Park in Spring Branch (about 1.5 hours away to the south) to meet our friends Carrie and Justin for a night of camping. This was the first time Aug had been tent camping and we think he did so well that we'll have to take him out again real soon. He loved being outside, the campfire, jumping in the Pack n' Play, going for walks and seeing armadillos, cardinals, falcons, butterflies, inchworms and of course hanging out with his Pug pal Desi.

The weather stayed hot and muggy, just the way we like it, so we had no trouble at night keeping warm. Justin and Carrie put on a beautiful spread for dinner - beef steaks pounded out real thin then stuffed with salami, parmesan, oregano, tomato and other delicious things I can't remember then skewered and grilled over the fire. Amazingly delicious.... They also made sweet corn and a fantastic pasta salad. For breakfast I had suggested bringing hearty oatmeal but Kris, much to everyone's relief, convinced me that bacon and eggs was the way to go. After a long evening of 'camp chatting' we were all REALLY happy to see the bacon and eggs. Oatmeal - what was I thinking?

3 comments:

Jane said...

Yippee!!! That looks so wonderful. I am glad you all enjoyed yourselves. Bacon and eggs always saves the day!

Loves and kisses.

J and R squared.

Becky said...

I am SOOO jealous! First, it's 60 degrees here and second, there is nothing, I mean nothing like camping with CJ and Justin!

Anonymous said...

Good for you, August--you're first overnight campout--your Daddy loves to camp so I'm sure you're in for some pretty fun times out in the wide open spaces--enjoy!!!
Hugs,
Grams and Gramps
xoxoxoxoxxo