Monday, May 12, 2008

Oy, my back!





I busted my back. I don't know how exactly but I think lifting the carseat with August in it yesterday may have been a contributing factor. I've never had a backache quite like this, it feels as though all my muscles are in spasm. It's killing me! So today Gus and I will stay in and try and have some fun.

Last night Kris made a wonderful dinner. We have been trying to eat more fish, for fun and for health, so he decided to make Striped Sea Bass Braised with Lemon, Olives & Artichokes from our new favorite cookbook Fish Forever. All of these recipes were tested by my incredibly talented friend Vanessa and so far they have been spot on. For sides, I made the potato gallete VB suggested (it was good but I think my potato slices were too thick) and 6 beautiful asparagus spears that came in our CSA box this week. We broke out a bottle of Cakebread Cellars Rubaiyat to have before dinner, but it was so delicious (read: we were a little warm and goofed up soooo...) we decided to stick with it. Oh and for dessert - three Woodhouse Chocolates, one bite bite each. Delicious!

2 comments:

David Petrie said...

The baby bottle makes the table perfectly set!

Petsura said...

Hope your back gets better soon... though how can it, when you are always having to carry the little guy around? I hope you can take it easy for a few days.