Monday, June 20, 2011

104º

>

This is the first summer that Augie has really been blissfully content, happy and adventurous in the water. We have tons of these little splash pads all over the city and they are perfect for days when it's too hot to play on the playground. We were at this splash pad for three hours yesterday, the last half of which he spent running between all the fountains with a couple of other kids. When he'd get too cold he'd come running over and fling his whole body on top of me for a hot bear hug. It worked for both of us.

My favorite water fountain at the park is the one that sprays a water umbrella of sorts that you can sit under. I've been trying to get him to go under every time we're there because I think it's so magical, but he doesn't want to get his face wet and backs out at the last second. Drat! Today was the first time he was brave enough to get through the curtain and actually sit underneath - so of course I took a zillion photos. I was so excited that I lost my timing (the jets go on and off sporadically) and got totally soaked. I saved the camera though, no worries ; )

1 comment:

Angela said...

Awesome pictures!
I wish we had those here, can't wait until the local pools open up. Budget cuts stink. It's cooking here today too, 102!
Take care,
Angela