Thursday, June 10, 2010

Juiced


From Boogers 6.10


From Boogers 6.10



It's official, August has his first preschool cold. I'm not sure if all kids do this, but he gets really amped when he's sick or tired. He runs around with twice the energy that he normally has and the only way you'd know he was sick is because of all the boogers. As August says, "Mommy look! All kinds of boogers!" He uses 'all kinds' to describe a number bigger than one. We have a picture of both his grandmas and he will look at it and say "Look! All kinds of grandmas!" It just cracks us up - I mean he does the display model hands and everything.

Anyways, he had a terrible night last night, tossing and turning, crying, drooling, sneezing... just awful. Finally, at about 3am I got out the (impeccably timed freshly bought bottle of generic) Benadryl. He was just sobbing and sobbing because he couldn't sleep and I couldn't think of anything else to do for him. It took about five minutes to pump through his system and then he was down for the count (and so was I). You never know how much sleep can mean to you until it's gone.

Hopefully his little cold will be a short one, but I think this might be a recurring theme now that he's in school. What's funny too is that his teacher was just telling me how he LOVED washing his hands in the tiny sink they have in the classroom. They have a kid sized sink with a sensor soap dispenser and she said he must have washed his hands a hundred times. I know I saw him do it about four times in the five minutes I was there picking him up. He was so proud of himself. But I guess it just goes to show that even the cleanest hands are no match for a room full of juicy toddlers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hear kids are sticky little germ monsters. I hope he's feeling better soon!

Aunty Carla