| From April |
"No Mommy, I DO IT!"
"NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!"
"Come here! OK?"
"Mommy OUT!"
"NO! Daddy do it!"
"NO! Mommy DO IT!"
"No! NO! no! NO! NOOOOOO!!!!!"
"I DO IT!!!"
"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!"
"MOMMY! MOMMY! MOMMY! MOOOOOM-MEEEE!!!"
"Daddy? Daddy? Daddy? Daddy? DAAAA-DEEEEEEE!!!
It's driving me crazy(er).
5 comments:
Dude. So accurate. I am crackin up here!!!
wow. how do you handle them and stay calm? any advice? my little one actually had her first tiny tantrum the other day over something trivial - actually laid on the ground and kicked her legs and screamed. seriously i almost laughed because i couldn't believe she was doing that... i mean they actually do that - lie on the ground and kick and scream! i found it humorous, but i'm sure it wears thing over time...
Truly, I wish I had some advice for you but I'm still just muddling though it all myself. It comes and goes, a week of tantrums then sunshine sort of thing. I keep trying to adjust and give him more and more independence, throw out old routines and start new ones, make sure he has enough outdoor time. But really, sometimes he's just stressed out or having a growth spurt and all I can do is hold him and try and help him work himself out of it all. It stinks to watch his struggle but it's all part of growing I suppose.
Oh and yes, there is just the flourishing drama of an attention tantrum. Those are actually pretty comical sometimes. In fact he was having a meltdown the other day at the campsite when I was changing his diaper until a friend walked by. He stopped screaming and bright as day said, "Oh hi!" as he walked by. Really? C'mon!
yes - what is it about the diaper change? aurora screams and fights me, but anyone else tries? and she's all smiles and happiness... and yes - drama of attention! but thanks - i guess all we can do is remain as calm as we can and be there for them in as positive a way as possible...
Post a Comment