Friday, March 19, 2010

Pinwheel Quilt

From Quilts
From Quilts

I was able to finish the pinwheel quilt just in time for the baby shower tomorrow (it's fresh from the dryer, in fact). I really like the colors, but let me tell you - this quilt was pulled apart so many times it almost became pillow fill. It's still not 'right', but I learned a lot and am happy with the end result. I especially like the binding (denim blue corduroy) and the backing (monkeys monkeying around). It just makes me happy. Hope my friend's new baby likes it. Now, on to the next...

Hey Carla, like the Longhorns? Thanks for making me get that fabric!

6 comments:

The Maltese Kat said...

It looks great! So many little details. You are talented for sure lady!
I have been thinking more seriously about making a patchwork quilt with all of the fabric I have laying around...we shall see.

Anonymous said...

Oh Raquel--what a pretty, happy quilt you've made! Good for you--she's going to love it!!!
Hugs, Marilyn
xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

pomegranate seed said...

that is beautiful! and nothing like a deadline to prompt us into motion! looks right to me :) very inspiring...

Raquel said...

Thanks for the encouragement, ladies. The quilt went to it's new home yesterday and they seemed very happy to receive it. But, lemme tell ya, this quilt was certainly a test of my patience.

Katie, I'd love to see (I'm so curious!) some of the fabric in your stash. Would you take a pic?

The Maltese Kat said...

Raquel - will do, I need to take a little trip down into my basement (I know I have more down there), when I get it all together, I will take a photo.

Petsura said...

Raquel, this is gorgeous!
And your photography skills are top notch as well. Geez, you are one talented lady :)
Hugs.