I have been trying to offer a larger variety of vegetables as he's just not that big on green. You are surprised? Yes, me too. The doctor suggested offering them as a first course, then moving on to proteins and starches. I like that idea because when given a colorful variety, he chooses the sugar and starch first and will practically freebase jelly when he gets anywhere near it. Maybe he's a hummingbird?
He loves closing his eyes and eating. I don't know what it does for him, but he gets really into it sometimes.
6 comments:
Hi Raquel,
Happy late birthday! I hope it was great. Your post was pretty darn funny. August is hysterical, eating with his eyes closed. I love it.
Take care,
Angela
Thanks Angela, forty was a biggie for me. You have a birthday soon too right?
Love the hummingbird comment - hilarious. Did you ever see the Friends episode where Monica made all that jam and Joey was eating "jam fingers" and proceeded to dip a few fingers into the jar and scoop jam directly into his mouth? Just something to look forward to as he gets older perhaps? ha ha!
-Katie
HA! That's so funny, Katie! I'm sure that's exactly what he's going to do. He already face plants into his toast if there's jelly on it. Imagine what he'll do when he get get the fridge door open all on his own! AHHHH!
Oh and thanks so much for the birthday wishes ladies!
: )
oh, and speaking of jam hands - let me just say this gilmore girls episode sticks out in my mind where luke says he doesn't like kids because they all have jam hands - meaning they are always sticky like they've been eating jam... i always think of that as i wipe aurora's hands off - she's into her proteins - no vegetables either unless they have been simmered in broth or splashed with tamari and dusted w/gomasio... our little foodie... have you tried that with the vegetables? she prefers to eat just cheese, yogurt, tofu, and eggs... (all white foods!)...
and oh my gosh - happy birthday my friend!woohoo!
Post a Comment