| From December |
August is not very interested in coloring yet, but he's getting there. He made at least two scribbles on one page before he needed a break. A few scribbles later and he was interested in the pen caps. On, off. On, off. On, off. On, off.
"Hey Augie, want a treat while we color? Here's some of Daddy's fizzy water." savoring our special craft time together
"Fizzy!" grins
slurp, spill, splash, spill, cough, ahhhhhhh, slurp, spill, splash
So glad I took out the vinyl craft tablecloth. Patting self on back for a smooth craft time.
Drinks fizzy for the next ten minutes.... Mommy waiting patiently.
"Ok, let's move on, no more fizzy, let's color!" I chirp.
"NO!"
"Do you want to sing the alphabet? A,B, C, D..."
"NOOOOOOOOOO!"
"Augie, pick a color and you can color whatever you want."
Gets stuck on the color orange and really went to town. Scribbles blissfully for ten seconds straight! Oh he's having such fun!
Suddenly decides crayons look better on the floor.
cheerily "Oh what a sound! OK, well don't worry, I'll get those, how about you color some more?"
"Nooooooooooooo!"
Must taste this color orange (scribbles on face). Misses face, marker lands on paper.
"NO!" yells at marker, throws marker on floor.
"FIZZY!"
"No more fizzy. We're coloring! Don't you want to color?"
"NO!"
Caving... "Here, have some fizzy."
slurp, splash, burp, ahhhhh....
Drooling water makes water soluble markers on his face run. now he looks like the joker.
"Come on, just a few more colors. It's Christmas! THIS IS FUN!"
Folky indie-hip Christmas music fills the void as we stare each other down.
"August....?"
"NO!"
"FINE! I'll then I'll color and you can watch."
Crayons hit the floor.
"I think we're done here."
"Orange?"
"Fine, here's the orange. Now color here, on the pap...."
WHAP! - orange hits the floor
"Yep, we're done."
He really is getting better though. A lot more focused.
Only 23 more left to go! Falalalala la la la laaaaaaa!
No comments:
Post a Comment