Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Squirrel Nuts: Not Just a Delightful Candy

From Weekender


I'll get to the point. The squirrels around here are not only muscular and sinewy (possibly due to their high protein pecan diet) but they also seem to sport the largest... ah'hem, "parts" I've ever seen. It's as if they have jet packs strapped to their underbellies! My mom though it was another leg for crying out loud! So big deal right? Well here's the thing - these overgrown squirrels love to frolic at our living room and kitchen windows. They love to peep in and see what we're having for dinner, love to play hide and seek with the boy, and I find it utterly disturbing to have to look at their "parts" like that. Especially when they're only two feet away! I mumble and grumble about it privately because really, who cares about this but me?

Well, apparently a lot of people care! The other day Kris was out shopping and he came across these little numbers. He didn't get them because, well, how would you get them on? But I'm just happy to know that I am not the only one out there that is highly disturbed. By squirrels, thank you.

By the way, this is a picture I got of one of them actually sleeping in a tree. He flopped himself over the branch and took a little squirrel nap. Awwwww... Now put some pants on!

From Weekender

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where's the picture of the squirrel junk? I want to see what all the fuss is about.

C

Raquel said...

I assure you, you do not.

The Maltese Kat said...

Laughing so hard over here - I guess everything IS bigger in Texas! Maybe instead of the little undies they need little jock straps so there is no draggin them around when they get old.
XO - Katie

Raquel said...

Oh dear! Little teeny jock straps... HAHAHA!!!! Too funny...!

pomegranate seed said...

oh my god. this is hilarious. but i want to see photo proof - don't make me go google image searching for this one! seriously though, i played the underpants video and rory laughed right along with her mom(at the music, not the product of course - unless the little girl already has an advanced developed sense of humor) i'm thinking little speedos... maybe in camo-styles to 'blend into nature'... ha ha.

Raquel said...

I actually have a teeny tiny little pair of Fruit of the Looms that I got out of a Rolling Stone 15 years ago. They're on my (er - August's) Count doll - the one from Sesame Street. Cracks me up every time. If I get a picture of the squirrel junk I'll send it to you AND my sister! It's so terrible....