Wednesday, April 29, 2009
Try it, you'll like it!
For months I've tried to get Gus to go into the sprinkler at the Triangle. I've been such a nudgey old hen.
"Go on August, you'll like it, all the kids are doing it. Whaaaaat? Are you going to dissolve if the water touches you? Come on.... Come on. COME ON!"
But no, he would not go. He lurked and watched, contemplated and tentatively explored the limits of the sprinklers reach. Watched and pondered the kids at play. Was poked, dragged, pushed and goaded by other children, and was unsuccessfully manipulated by his mother to enter the fine sprinkling waters.
But hold on to your swim trunks people, because today for some unknown reason (was Superman blowing encouraging winds at his back in invisible mode?) he went in while we were at the farmer's market. And not just for a quick dunk. I mean the kid WENT IN! ALL IN! He gleefully splashed, marched, kerplunked and handily slurped as much of cooling waters as he could. I don't know what changed but we have a perfect example of a 'tipping point'.
Luckily the camera I haul around with me (EVERYWHERE) was charged and at the ready and the extra set of clothes and towel finally got to make their debut. I am so proud. So, so proud. Summer just got a whole lot more fun!
Sprinkler from Raquel Dadomo on Vimeo.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
OM goodness, this look so fun! I wish we could come frolic in the water with you two.
Miss you.
Jane and Reed
Looks like a great way to cool off, glad he finally gave it a try!
Love you Gus Gus!!!
Aunty Carla
Way to go August--love all those new Splash moves you're showing us!!! You're lucky to have Mommy right there with the towel for you, too! :-)
Hugs to Our Little Water Puppy!
Grams and Gramps
xoxoxoxoxox
Two words:
Swim Diapers.
They are a must-have...
Post a Comment