I found a new place to dwell
It's down the end of lonely street
at Heartbreak Hotel
August has been a bit blue lately. Sad isn't quite the word, but he's been a bit lethargic, a bit whiney in a very pitiful sort of way (rubs the eyes and makes a few whah, eh, eh's as he snuggles into my leg) and a bit out of sorts. I checked in with the doctor today to make sure his cold hadn't turned into a sinus or ear infection and overall he's quite fine.
We think it just might be that after all the excitement and attention at Easter, having to sleep alone in bed again, me leaving on Friday night for a Mom's retreat in Wimberly, and then of course his adoring attachment to Daddy who now has to go to school, he's finding that life might have a few downsides. The inner emotional grappling of trying to put all the pieces together seems to be weighing on him.
For the past couple of days, since we noticed really, we've been trying to keep him busy and in the sun as much as we can. The house is a complete mess but he does seem to like the extra attention. He got to play with Justin and Carrie's pug puppies on Sunday, went to the cow park with Maeve yesterday and played at Central Market on their playscape before we had to do a little shopping today. We'll get him over the hump... Poor guy. It's just so sad to see him blue...
1 comment:
Oh no! I am sorry Gus has been out of sorts. Give him a hug for me!
Hey, how do you do built in slideshows in the blog? I can only get them to the side bar, but I want it in the post section...
What retreat did you go to? How special!!!
Post a Comment