Tuesday, February 3, 2009
The Absence of Being
Nirvâ.na is the opposite of 'Being' and 'not Being'; it is the opposite of these two combined, it is the opposite of the absence of 'Being', and the absence of 'not Being'....Nirvana was not regarded as a place, therefore, but as a state of absence, notably the absence of suffering. Exactly what persisted in the state of nirvana has been the subject of considerable discussion over the history of the tradition, though it has been described as bliss—unchanging, secure, and unconditioned.
So yeah, no Nirvana here (except on disc of course), but the quest continues. Unfortunately the month of January has had this blogger over a barrel. Health-wise I've been an endless stream of microbes that would even make a mangy monkey with bird flu feel sorry for me. I won't go into the details and you'll thank me very much.
And now onto our quest for Nirvana. Today was a perfect 75º so we took off for the new park over at the old Mueller airport just down the street. So euro! Lots of spiraly, slinky, sleek and colorful playscapes! They even had a sand feature with water so you could make castles! I say feature because to call this a box would be ludicrous. The sand thingy I have in my backyard is a box (and hopefully after tomorrow I'll stop using the word 'litter' in front of it since I'm planning to go Witch Hazel on it). The park is clearly geared for children a bit older, but we still found lots of things to have fun with. I think we were just happy to be in the sun most of all.
Oh and here's a real kicker. I was yaking to the grands swinging their first grandchild at the swing next to me and they said they were visiting from Longmont! How about that!? I gave them your info. Andy so that next time they can call you about carpooling ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
August! It's so great to see your smiling face and to know you're out and about and having such fun times with Mommy.
Hugs and Smackers!
Gramps and Grams
We missed you!!!
Post a Comment