Saturday, November 29, 2008
Oh, the carnage....
Last year's Thanksgiving I was so pregnant and crazy. The meal was weird and off by a country mile. The cornbread stuffing was dry and tasteless, the turkey was blown open for extra dryness and the gravy was thin and pitiful. It stunk.
But THIS year - boy howdy. This year, having just the crazy to contend with, I think made for an all-around better meal. The bacon-wrapped turkey was golden and moisty, the bread stuffing was delicious and flavorful, and the gravy was just perfect! The boy seemed to enjoy his meal of squashes, petite peas and little turkey bites (or at least that's what I gleaned from all the food mashed into his face), and Kris and I finally looked forward to some tasty leftover turkey sandwiches.
And while it was an untraditional eighty degrees, it was still a perfect holiday to celebrate as a new family and be thankful for every minute we get to spend together.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I share a year of firsts with you as well. This year Lauren and I stayed in Vermont for Thanksgiving. We loved it. We could have used 80 degrees as my father didn't want to step outside, but other than that we had what might have been as wonderful a day as you had.
I followed Nigella Lawson's advice and brined a cheap bird for two days before cooking it and it was amazing.
Keep the home tradition going. We're already getting pressure to come back down to Boston next year.
August, looks like you had a wonderful First Thanksgiving with Mommy and Daddy!!! And it looks like you were a very busy baby "gobbling" down all that yummy Thanksgiving Dinner that Mommy and Daddy fixed for you! What a fun day!!! Grams and Gramps were with Andy and Auntie Tracey but our hearts were with you, "punkin"!!! :-)
Hugs,
Grams and Gramps
Post a Comment