

Last night we went out to meet our friends Carrie & Justin at a local bar to celebrate halloween and see a few costumes. While finishing up dinner with my friend Vanessa who had just flown in from SF, Kris decided to take Gus for a walk down to the bar because he was being a bit fussy at the dinner table. Vanessa and I were walking down to join them about 15 minutes later when here comes Kris with the baby (all done up in his Fuzzy Bee costume) walking back in our direction.
"Our baby just won a hundred bucks!"
"What?! What the hell are you talking about? And why does he have a moustache?"
"He just won the costume contest! He won a hundred bucks!" Kris pulls out the hundred bucks. Proof of his tale.
And there's Fuzzby smiling and sucking on his pluggy. A new moustache freshly painted on his face (courtesy of Carrie who knows how much I love a good baby moustache).
"They were having a costume contest at the bar and everyone cheered for him and he won!"
"I can't believe I leave you alone for 10 minutes and he's got a moustache and a hundred bucks..."
When we finally got to the bar Justin and Carrie corroborated the tale, saying he even beat them out of first place - and they were looking real good! Justin was the Iron Chef and Carrie was Devil in a Blue Dress. Needless to say - drinks were on Fuzzby last night. What a guy... Not even a year old and he's starting to bring some cash into the house and earn his keep!
**(Oh - and then of course, at the end of the night, we realized that we should have dressed up like bee keepers!!!! DRAT!!!!)**
2 comments:
Way to go, August!!! But then, we always knew you were a winner!!!
Hugs,
Grams and Gramps
Dang. I gotta hang out with this boy!
Post a Comment