Sunday, October 19, 2008

The Booger Report

August had a rough day on Friday. His snot-o-riffic cold turned into a limp baby red-cheeked fever which turned into a trip to the doctor (complete with chest x-rays on account of the booger & grunting thing) which turned into a sleepless night but which eventually turned into the picture of health on Saturday morning. The doctor's office called us several times this weekend to make sure he was doing ok and in the course of talking with them I realized that we live 4 blocks away from the new children's hospital - if we should ever need it, and hopefully we never will, but if we do it's practically across the street (I'm hoping I just made two grandmas very happy : )

Since our little guy was feeling better we were able to have a lot of fun out my Mothers' Club family picnic today. I was in charge of the thing (think Anette Benning in American Beauty getting her property ready for the open house....) and realized after I volunteered that I had never run a party for kids before! What do you do when you can't serve beer? Make leaf hats? Yes! Make leaf hats! It was a beautiful day, lots of great food and company from the other families, good times.

No comments: