Thursday, August 28, 2008

Swarm! Swarm!



Yesterday morning August and I went for a play date to Little Stacey Park. Lots of kids, lots of swing time, lots of blanket time and lots of mosquitos. I had my trustee essential oil and hope elixer with me but once you've eaten DEET and survived, essential oils are mere condiments to your tasty baby bites.

Later in the day, Kris and Fuzzby were out back hooking up our new Chariot Cougar 1 trailer to the back of our bikes (just in time for the Batfest this weekend). Well again, the mosquitos found our delicious baby too tasty to pass up. He had about 12 bites on him that swelled to the size of tangelos over night.

Here he is sitting in the doctor's office. Last time he got bit, the bite swelled up into a terrible blister. It took days to heal and left a scar. Not wanting the same to happen with no less than 12 bites - we went to the doctor. Doctor says so far he's fine, just give him Benadryl and Calamine. But red hot death to any mosquito I see from now on. Their gonna be eating the back of my hand.

1 comment:

Jane said...

I would have to say that if I were a mosquito, I would choose August too... he looks scrumtous! Poor little guy!!!