Tuesday, August 26, 2008
***Pictures Withheld***
I was making my way into the gym this morning, August in my arms, bags over my shoulder, sun in my eyes. Gus was being terribly cute pulling at my t-shirt collar and laying his head against my shoulder, sighing. I checked in at the front desk and adjusted my bags so that I could flip Gus over and give him one last nibble on his sides (it makes him giggle like crazy) before I gave him to daycare. About a nose length away from chomping down I stopped. The diaper, the one thing I rely on to work in every instance, had exploded. It was bad. Like two angry monkeys having a throw-down over the last banana kind of bad. Then of course I realized that since it was all over his clothes, up his back, and almost to his neck, that my arm must also be covered. And indeed it was. We made a complete circle from the front door, around the desk and right back out again. And the whole time, not a whimper, not a whine, not a cry. Just a tug on my collar and a sigh.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I would sue pampers.
Not right!
Carla
word. I need to call the law office of James Sokolove and Associates and get some compensation.
Such perfect prose. Just enough detail, deft lead up, wonderful simile... everything perfect.
Why aren't you writing more?
Post a Comment