
On Saturday I took my first sewing class and this little bag (with a button hole!!!) was the end result. I brought my own little Pfaff Hobby sewing machine with me so I could practice getting the bobbin wound with someone who knew how. I got the machine in San Francisco with some money from my tax returns in 1998 and never used it. I think I had grand ideas of making my own wardrobe - or something.... In any event, because I am so smitten with quilts right now, I decided to bust out the machine and learn how to use it once and for all. There's a quilt class I'd like to take in September which gives me just enough time to practice the basic such as sewing in a straight line and cutting like a grown up.
4 comments:
Good for you, Raquel! It looks fantastic. You'll be quilting up a storm before you know it!!!
Hugs, Marilyn
That is such a cute bag! Nice job!
Carla
Yay! Welcome to the sewing club :)
I don't know how you find the time or inclination to do it with a young child, but welcome!
Give me another 18 years or so and I'll get back into it and start using my Husqvarna Viking machine that I invested in before the kids!
Ok, I want a purse like that. Tell me when you start selling them... I will be your number one customer. That is the cutest purse ever!
Post a Comment