
Lately we have been learning about food. Gus has been learning how to eat it and I have been learning new preparations. We spent a good long time in Whole Foods today selecting and deciding. My treat lunch when I go to the market has been a piece of brown rice sushi with carrots, cucumber and avocado. I am not sure why it rings my bell so loudly, but it does so I'll leave it alone. It's one of the few things that land in the 'keep' pile when I get excited about losing weight.
Gus is still not sure about apple sauce. The poor kid is just overwhelmed either by flavor or texture - or both. The faces he makes are hysterical and the theatrics I go through to get him to open his mouth are deserving of a Tony award. I will post pictures or movies of our antics soon. For now, here's Gus looking at some of the fixin's that will be going along with our cheeseburgers on sprouted wheat buns. This is one of those meals I would dream about if I were unjustly incarcerated.
1 comment:
Ok, so he's getting too cute and much too big and too much time is passing. We wanna meet him. Isn't it time for a little visit to California? The spare bedroom is waiting.
Post a Comment