Thursday, June 26, 2008

Hyde Park Community Pool

Forty five minutes after I hatched the idea to go swimming at the pool with August, we were off!
  • Two towels CHECK! 
  • Two extra towels in case I needed more dry space. CHECK!
  • Terry lounger for lounging CHECK!
  • Swimmy Nemo Huggies to fend off a Valdeez type of accident CHECK!
  • One liquid lunch for August who was sure to pop off any minute CHECK!
  • BabyBanz for extreme brightness CHECK!
  • Sunhat with Elmo face that I unwittingly stole from Babies R' Us yesterday while I was returning the jumparoo thingamobob CHECK!
  • Dry facecloth for dabbing wet splashy face CHECK!
  • Sunscreen slathered all over his baby parts 30 minutes prior to exposure CHECK!
  • Camera to preserve the moment forever CHECK!
Verdict: He loves the pool! Hurray!!! We had a great time splashing around. He got water in his face, kicked like crazy, got to float AND fly, had lunch poolside and met lots of other kids one of whom was named Augustino. The best part - right now he's sawing logs like he's the CEO of a timber company and he's gotta put the kids through college. Summer is officially here!

3 comments:

Petsura said...

Your posts make me laugh so hard, I've decided there will be no more eating or drinking while reading your blog. I blame you for the piece of popcorn which is lodged somewhere between my throat and nasal passage after I read about Gus being the CEO of a timber company. Oh, and the coffee I spurted out (away from my laptop, luckily) yesterday while reading your "ad" -- your fault as well :)

Jane said...

Man, that baby is the cutest thing ever!!! Give my boy August a hug and let him know that he has quite a few friends he needs to meet in the Midwest! Love you Rockstar.

Vanessa said...

there's something very very familiar about that slightly wicked and completely knowing smile.